Monday, March 3, 2008

Weighing Me (us) Down

As part of getting to my authentic self, I'm getting healthier, losing weight, exercising regularly and paying attention to what I eat. One of the easiest ways to lose some unwanted pounds is to put down some of the baggage I've been carrying. It is harder than it sounds; like my hips, I've had some of that stuff for a long, long time.

Just like extra body fat, we can get used to the emotional baggage. When our bodies expand horizontally, we buy bigger clothes with spandex to offer the "comfort fit." In the same manner, we create comfort fits in our minds as well, to the layman they're known as excuses. However, our hearts never fail to feel the effects of our outwardly appearing emotion comforts.

Physically, our hearts work harder to pump blood through miles of arteries, traversing fatty tissue along the way. Emotionally, our hearts work harder as we expend it's most precious gift loving those who don't, won't or can't love us back.

Well, I'm getting rid of ALL of my excess weight; the physical and emotional pounds are holding me down holding me up and holding me hostage to a dream of comprised of wouldas, shouldas and couldas.

All I can say is watch out for what is coming this November. My authentic self is going to be AWESOME!

No comments: