Friday, February 8, 2008

Getting Ready

Thus begins a journey back to my authentic self as I prepare for my 40th birthday in exactly 9 months. On my way, I hope and pray to discover the wonderful woman that is Shannon. I want to get to know her inside and out. What is she like in the privacy of her home; how does she portray herself in public, at work, with her family and friends?

It's a bit weird talking about myself in the 3rd person, but I feel I almost have to in order to distance myself enough to do the kind of reflection I want to do. As you can read from the my blog title, part of my discovery has a bit to do with weight loss. This is as much a part of me becoming as any meditation, reading or praying I could do.

So, I begin (yet again) to lose weight and like most of us. I've "set myself up to succeed" with the right foods in the house, a motivational photo of me at my goal weight and an outfit I want to get into by my birthday. The difference this time is that I have you all along for the ride with me. I have no idea where this is going to take me. I only know that the journey is far, far more important than the destination.

It's gonna be a fantastic ride...hold on tight.

No comments: