Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Where is he? Has he come and gone?

Where is the man who could walk into a room with me and have everyone wonder who we are?
... pray with me and for me?
... make me feel safe in the after-hour joints?
... love me in my lingerie, my sweats and my after-five attire?
... whisper my name so tenderly that I knew he would never hurt me?
... make me wet by saying my name or holding my hand?
... make me laugh 'til my sides ached?
... let me hold him and love him?
... discuss current events, debate world politics and agree to disagree?
... appreciate the arts, museums and traveling the world?
... allow me to see his softer side without feeling threatened?
... honestly share himself with me?
... love me all night?
... let me be me, the vulnerable, silly, insecure, goofy, scared me?
... let me talk, share and grow close to him?

Did I miss him while I let myself be distracted by some fool?
Did he miss me as he spent time in the arms of another woman?
Did I turn him off with a sarcastic remark or was his first impression off-putting to me?
Did our paths cross at a restaurant, in a concert, on a park bench, while riding the elevator?
Did we miss each other in the day-to-day hustle and bustle of life, him going right and me going left?

Where is he? Has he come and gone?

No comments: