Sunday, January 11, 2009

because they couldn't

I graduated from college because so many weren't allowed to learn to read & write
I went to church this morning because Betty will never go again
I own my own home because others had been locked out
I own rental property because my parents dreamed of owning some
I voted for Barack Obama on election day because my grandparents couldn't
I go to work Monday - Friday because my father worked everyday
I willingly serve others because millions were forced to do it
and I live because they lived

So many things I take for granted, I try not to. It is my desire to be thankful, grateful, appreciative of everyone, everyone, everyone and everything in my life. I know it doesn't have to be this way; I know my blessings are from God; I know that it is only God's grace, mercy, love, care, kindness and compassion that gives me breath every second of every day.

2 comments:

fairy door said...

I understand - God bless you!

Unknown said...

Amazing post. Thanks for such clarity. Wow.