Sunday, April 12, 2009

I chew my cabbage once and then I swallow

I chew my cabbage once and then I swallow.

My 7th grade teacher, Sister Ann Rosalia, was the first person I ever heard use the phrase. Once I had the maturity to understand what she meant, it became part of me, my life. To that end, I don't repeat and I don't go back; if someone gets put of or walks out of my life then they are gone.

Alas, an opportunity has presented itself to me, which would require me going back and I'm not sure. I'm having an internal conflict because one of the other mantras by which I live is that if I want different consequences, then I have to make different decisions. And going back would definitely a different decision than what I would normally do in this situation.

Oh lawd, who knows what's going to happen...choosing one mantra over the other...what would Buddha do? LOL

No comments: